A recent research has found that purity minded consumers want clean labels with words they can recognize easily when purchasing weight loss supplements. They don't buy supplements that are not properly labeled by the manufacturer. That's why the most important selling point in today’s upscale weight loss dietary supplement market is the correct labeling.
Weight loss supplements are concentrated sources of nutrients or other substances that are taken to optimize the fat loss results. The European Commission (EU) has established regulatory rules regarding proper labeling of dietary supplements. The EU legislation requires manufacturers to provide certain information on dietary supplement labels. Information that must be on a dietary supplement label includes:
1) Name of the dietary supplement: The container of the product must contain name of product along with the word “supplement” or a statement that the product is a supplement.
2) Net quantity of contents statement: The label must contain net quantity of contents statement i.e. the amount of supplement per container. It is same as the 'Servings per Container' information. However, the listing of 'Servings per Container' is not necessary to provide when it is the same information as in the net quantity of contents statement.
3) The ingredient list: Weight-loss dietary supplements contain multiple ingredients such as Garcnia Cambogia, green coffee bean extract, glucomannan, green tea extract and others. Ingredients refer to the compounds used in the manufacture of dietary supplements. All compounds that are sources of weight loss dietary supplement must be listed on the supplement container.
4) Nutrition Labeling: Nutrition label in a dietary supplement must list the total amount of calories, cholesterol, carbohydrate, sugar, sodium, protein, calcium, vitamins and iron when they are present in measurable amounts in it.
5) Name and place of business of the manufacturer or distributor: This is an important factor to determine the ingenuity of the supplement product. The label must include the name of the manufacturer and distributor of the weight loss supplements. The manufacturer and distributor are responsible for ensuring that the labeling is accurate and that the dietary supplement is safe to be used by consumers.
People look at the labels of dietary supplements for different reasons such as allergic conditions, side effects and the effectiveness of the ingredients present in the supplement they are buying for their weight loss program. Whatever the reason may be, accurate and proper labeling of weight loss supplements help consumers to use this information more effectively and easily while making a purchase decision.